Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
10 Most Asked Questions at City Hall
- Where do I call for a tag? 662-746-1583
- When is my garbage going to be picked up?
- Friday: East of Jerry Clower Blvd to Fifteenth Street North to Clubview Apts.
- Tuesday: Fifteenth Street South to Third Street; East Side of Martin Luther King Blvd to West Side of Grady.
- Wednesday: Third Street Northside Broadway Westside Martin Luther King to Wise Street to West Jerry Clower Blvd.
- Thursday: Jonestown; Hwy 3; Magnolia; South of Broadway from Jerry Clower Blvd to West City Limits including Downtown.
- What is the number to City Barn? 662-746-5121
- Police Dept? 662-746-1131
- Building Inspector? 662-746-4743 or 662-590-6108
- How do I attain a privilege license and how much it cost? Privilege license are obtained through City Hall and depends on the nature of the business.
- Who is my Alderman?
- Ward 1 Ronald Johnson
- Ward 2 Andre Lloyd
- Ward 3 Sir Johnathan Rucker
- Ward 4 Elizabeth Thomas
- Who is the City Attorney? Lilli Evans-Bass
- How much is a cemetery plot?
- PURCHASE of CEMETERY LOTS
- For residents of Yazoo City: for each grave space $300.00 per space, $300.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 fee for recording the deed, for a total $613.00 per space.
- For residents of Yazoo County: for each grave space $375.00 per space, $375.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 fee for recording the deed, for a total of $763.00 per space.
- For persons residing outside of Yazoo County but within the State of Mississippi: for each grave space $500.00, $500.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 for recording the deed, for a total of $1,013.00.
- For persons residing outside of the State of Mississippi: for each grave space $500.00 per space, $500.00 for perpetual care and $13.00 fee for recording the deed, for a total of $1,013.00 per space.
- OPENING and CLOSING GRAVES
- Weekdays, 8:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M. (funeral) processions are expected to arrive in the cemetery 8:00 A.M. or later and funeral services must be over by 3:00 P.M: $450.00 and after 3:00 P.M.: $500.00.
- Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and on hours other than regular workdays: $500.00.
- A service for an infant (being in a casket of 36 inches or less): $100.00.
- Pauper: $100.00. Regular workdays only.
- CREMATIONS: $200.00.
ADOPTED FEBRUARY 9, 2009
- FOR RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS
Lots one (1) through 655, inclusive of Block E, Glenwood Addition, Glenwood Cemetery, see Minute Book 15, Page 214.
- PURCHASE of CEMETERY LOTS
- How can I get on the agenda for the Board meeting? Come to City Hall and fill out an Agenda Request Form. The official board meetings are held at the City Hall upstairs in the board room at 128 East Jefferson Street.
- Who do I talk to about water in the streets and drainage? Street Superintendent
- Who is the City Clerk? Kaneilia Williams is the City Clerk.
- Who should I contact regarding Animal Control? David Rogers- 662-590-2725 His hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am-5pm and Tuesday and Thursday 9am-6pm. Please click on link for the Animal Control ordinance. https://library.municode.com/ms/yazoo_city/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIICOOR_CH5ANFO